Thursday, October 4, 2007

AAAALLLLLOOOOOOOOIIHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!



I'm back! OMG - it was awesome! We had the best time! We definitely missed the pickles.

We stayed up the night before we left. Couldn't really sleep!! We flew to LAX then on to Kona/Hilo/Big Island. The flight was SOOOOOOOOOO LOOOONNNNGGG! But we got there. I didn't like flying over the ocean but you got to do what you got to do! We got there and off we went to the bed and breakfast. That was pretty cool. We didn't really do much the first day.


Wednesday - was REALLY awesome! We actually swam with the Dolphins at the Hilton at Waikoloa Village. I had the best time! The dolphins were SO friendly and SO curious! The day we were there, one of the dolphins was pregnant and due. It was AWESOME! That night we did a Luau. That was pretty cool.


Thursday - was more adventurous. We did the OPEN DOORED HELICOPTER RIDE over the volcano. Holy Crap! It was crazy! Let me tell you.. For the first 30 seconds these were my thoughts..... "HOLY SH**! What the heck am I doing up here. Its cold and the wind is kicking! What the HELL was Gar thinking when he decided to do this... If this thing crashes, I'm SO toast!" Mean while, Gar was holding my hand and squeezing really hard... Notice I trusted the pilot (who was a woman) and felt comfortable, I wanted my hand back... Gar seemed to be fearless... WOULD NOT LET GO OF MY HAND. I thought it was because he was trying to be sweet and supportive.. Little did I know.. He was TOTALLY scared shitless... I was the one that was like dude relax its okay... He finally let go and I got some awesome pictures. After that we ate lunch at this awesome restaurant calle Hilo Bay Cafe. If you are ever in Hilo GOOOOO!!! Totally organic.... I was worried at first but it was great. I actually had heart of palm sorbet. AWESOME! (I know you are probably sayin gross but sooo good) We checked out the volcano. You could actually drive around the park and tour it. It was cool.



Friday- We left the Big Island and headed to Maui! The plane that we took was a "petal jumper". When I got on to the plane, I thought if I can fly in a helicopter with no doors, this flight will be cake. It wasn't bad until we were about to land... The winds kicked up! It was truely like a roller coaster ride. We landed safely, got the convertible and headed to the Grand Wailea. We got there and it was slamming! We checked in and it went something like this... First, we get up to our room.. 2 double beds. We booked a king so we changed rooms. The girl at the desk said to check back and we could see if we could up grade. So, after we walked around the HUGE ASS resort and had dinner, I told gar we should check with the front desk and see if we could up grade from the view of the mountain and the buses. So, we checked and we got upgraded to the Napua Tower. You have your own person gate, conceige, and Cont. Break., snack and pu pu's. The room costed $1700 a night. We had to queen beds but gar and I didn't care.. The suite was SWEET!!! OMG - it was great! We had a view of the ocean! We didn't leave the hotel! It was great! They had a swim up bar! Lazy river! WATER SLIDES! Water elevator! Spa! (which on our anniversary we had a spa day!) It was pretty sweet.

Saturday - We had breakfast on the lanai, I got a pedicure... We spent all day at the pool! We did nothing! It was awesome! Drink some blue hawaiians and mai tai's. For dinner we went to Cafe Ciao at the Fairmont Kea Lani. I really didn't want Italian but Gar did so, we went! After dinner he said "I should've listened to you" The food wasn't that good at all!




Sunday - We did spa day! We got massages and sandal wood wrap. We wrote our 10 reasons why we love each other. We went shopping too. After shopping we had a romantic cabana dinner near the beach. It was sooo beautiful! The food was really good! Awesome dessert! They chef signed the menu and made an awesome dessert!




Monday- Gar decided to do a scruba dive and class. I just got sun! :) (actually got sun burned on my back) lol.... We did a little shopping and had a sushi buffet dinner... YUMMMMMMMM! We packed and just chilled. I got this beautiful necklace of a floating flower! :)


Tuesday - We spent all day on 3 different flights! It was crazy!

Wednesday - I'm back. We did have a busy day. I took 2 naps.. LOL Gar and I didn't feel good about this daycare that we had the pickles signed up at. So, we went to look at this other one. It was nice. I really like it. Its not fair from either of our jobs. I start my new job tomorrow. I'm so excited for the pickles and ME!! I'm TOTALLY exhausted!

Wish me luck! :) Aloha!

1 comment:

Christeeny said...

It sounded like a great trip! Happy Anniversary!